Konpira Maru Epicus Doomicus Metallicus Mourvedre 2021
As the weather started to freshen up and clouds began to gather we patiently waited. That was until the weather charts showed an expected 220ml of rain in 48 hours in two days time. So the day before, we ripped it off quick smart before the heavens opened giving it every opportunity to ripen that little bit more.
Its always a super fresh lean style of Mourvedre, which is one of the main reasons we love it. This year though we had higher natural acidity and lower sugars which has combined to make this the freshest brightest Epicus to date. 25% whole bunch and the remaining 75% de-stemmed with no crushing. Cold soaked for 5 days before naturally fermenting. Pressed after only 10 days of maceration. Racked twice, all in stainless steel and bottled un-fined and unfiltered with a touch of sulphur.
This thing is so bright with beautiful purples highlighting its appearance. Dark broody fruit but in this really alive and exciting form. Think juicy dark fleshed plums mixed with pickled cherries. Nice crunchy herbal elements and some exotic asian spice. Definitely chillable, definitely delicious, only 10.9% alc and only 900 bottles filled.'
- Konpira Maru