Jilly Wine Co. 'White Wolf of Cumbria' Orange NV

$28.00

'An orange wine, 80% from 2020, of which 60% is whole bunch fermented skinsy 12 days sauvignon blanc, pressed to old oak, then the other 40% of the 2020 wine is gewurz left on skins for 12 days, pressed to old oak. Phew. The last 20% is barrel fermented sauvignon from 2018. Jeepers. Lots going on. Lots. All from New South Wales and the madcap Jared Dixon of Jilly.

Smells like orange whisky marmalade, sweet floral things. Juicy and fleshy in the palate, a dollop of sweet, creamy gewurz in the middle of slightly bitter, lightly smoky tang of savvy b, perhaps. Flesh and bounce. Nice drink that for all the winemaking detail ends up pretty simple, blobby and fun rather than more complex. Anyway, it’s a good time.'

- 90 points, Mike Bennie, The Wine Front 

 

You recently viewed

Clear recently viewed