Luis Seabra Vinhos, Lda. Xisto Ilimitado Tinto 2017

Sold out

Rufete, Touriga Franca, Tinta Carvalha, Alicante Bouchet, Donzelinho, Malvasia Negra. In the Douro region where there are numerous varieties planted in different types of terraces, slopes or flat areas, schist is the common denominator, vineyards based on schist slopes that have no end. This is the starting point for the Xisto Ilimitado, a search that tries to express the different wine-growing areas which have their own character, regardless of the varieties to which it refers. From the areas of Cotas and Ervedosa do Douro, we used vineyards aged between 35 and 60 years, planted in Patamares and large terrace above the 400 m. Although Luis should not refer the word Douro because this specific year the wine was not approved has DOP Douro, 2016 the Xisto Ilimitado red is Portuguese table wine, here what was written in the report by the Port and Douro wine institute:” the wine does not have characteristics corresponding to the regions wine and presents a non-characterizable defect” 30% of the grapes were fermented in traditional stone Lagar with whole cluster, foot tread with a total maceration of eight days, the remaining 70% fermented with 30%-hole cluster in stainless steel tanks with a total maceration of 25 days.

Both wines aged for one year in used French oak barrels.

You recently viewed

Clear recently viewed